Phase 2 Updates
- City of Melbourne parks, boat ramps, playgrounds and park restrooms are open with some limitations and precautions:
- All visitors are asked to practice social distancing and not gather in groups of 50 or more.
- Pavilions are open for rentals. Applicants are encouraged to avoid gathering in groups of more than 50.
- Please be aware that city staff will only be able to clean and sanitize play structures and restrooms twice a day. We encourage visitors to take any personal precautions they feel necessary, such as using hand sanitizer before and after use of the playground equipment.
- Ballfields and Leagues
- All ballfields are open.
- City softball and kickball leagues will resume with modifications. Please see the Athletics page for information.
- Other league play may resume when the leagues are ready.
- Pools are open with limited occupancy.
- Parent/tot and parent/child swim lessons are tentatively planned to begin in July.
For more information, please call the Eau Gallie Civic Center at 321-608-7400.
- Summer Camp for kids 6-11 will be held June 15-August 7 at Lipscomb and Wickham Park community Centers. Tennis Summer Camp will be held June 22-July 31 at the Jimmy Moore tennis complex. Teen Summer Camp will be held at Crane Community Center July 13-August 7. Please see the Summer Camp page for more information.
The golf courses are open:
- At the golf courses, tee times are being alternated to create more distance between golfers, only one person per cart is allowed, and Plexiglass has been installed at the counter to create a barrier between the customer and employee.
- The lounges at Crane Creek Golf Course and Mallards Landing Gold Course are open. Hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. We will be adhering to the Governor’s Executive Order regarding capacity, groups and social distancing in order to keep our customers and employees safe.
The tennis courts at Fee Avenue and Jimmy Moore parks are open 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Singles and doubles are allowed. All players must make reservations in advance. Players may pay online, via phone or at the courts. To reserve a court at Fee Avenue, call 321-608-7440. To reserve a court at Jimmy Moore, call 321-608-7445. Tennis Summer Camp in the planning stage. More information to come when the program is finalized.
Joseph N. Davis Community Center has been cleared to resume Pickleball beginning Monday, June 22, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. No reservations or appointments will be required, it will be first come first serve. They will be using both courts with doubles format in effect. Social distancing will be in place and must be adhered to. The bleachers have been marked off.
Lipscomb Community Center opened for Summer Camp on June 15.
Wickham Park Community Center opened for Summer Camp on June 15. After approximately June 29, we plan to hold classes and have rentals that conform to social distancing guidelines. We are currently asking if classes/rentals/groups would like to hold their event at Eau Gallie Civic Center until additional space at Wickham is available.
The Melbourne Auditorium is open for all rentals that conform to social distance guidelines. Staff will work with applicants to determine 50% of maximum occupancy based upon floor plan. The applicant will be responsible for providing a plan that addresses social distancing and sanitation efforts in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-139. The occupancy level will be increased in accordance with any change to EO 20-139.
Front Street Civic Center is open for all rentals and classes that conform to social distance guidelines.
- Call: (321) 608-7400
- E-mail PlayMelbourne@mlbfl.org