View Current Job Openings
Check the Status of Your Application
- If you applied prior to January 7, 2019, please check your application status on this page.
- If you applied after January 7, 2019, please check your application status on this page.
Information for Police Applicants
Police Applicants should visit Police Officer Applicant Process page for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
Important Information for all Applicants
- Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
- Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
- The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
- The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify: