Public Parking LotsFree public parking is available at the following locations in Downtown Melbourne (Signs at each parking lot indicate time limits): Parking garage and parking lot next to City Hall, west of the railroad tracks on Strawbridge Avenue. (There is no time limit on floors 2-5 of the City Hall parking garage.)
- Parking lot on Strawbridge Avenue east of City Hall on the east side of the railroad tracks.
- Parking lot on New Haven Avenue along the east side of the railroad tracks at Depot Avenue.
- Parking lot between New Haven Avenue and Melbourne Avenue east of Depot Avenue.
- Parking lot on Vernon Place, south of New Haven Avenue.
- Parking lot in front of the Henegar Center across the street from the Post Office on New Haven Avenue east of McQuaid Street and west of Livingston Street.
In 2020, an additional 175 public parking spaces will become available south of the Henegar Center.
- On-street parking is available along New Haven Avenue, on intersecting side streets and on the streets around City Hall.
- Some on-street parking is subject to time limits, which only apply 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Valet service will be available Friday and Saturday evenings starting around 5 p.m.
- The public valet stand is located at the southeast corner of Waverly Place and New Haven Avenue.
- Rates are $10, however, downtown businesses may choose to participate in a validation program.
For more information about the valet service, including validation opportunities for businesses, please contact the city’s vendor, Jon England with Ameristar Parking Solutions at 321-544-1779.
Fees Charged During Some Events
The city may charge fees for parking in city-owned lots and the City Hall parking garage during special events. These usually include the Food and Wine Festival, Florida Tech’s Homecoming Festival, the Publix Florida Marathon, St. Patrick’s Day celebration (except for the parade), and Terror on the Traxx. Notice will be posted on the city’s website in advance of these events. Special event parking revenue is used to supplement the costs of maintaining the City Hall parking garage.
For More Information
- For more information on parking in general, contact the Community Development Department at 321-608-7500.
- Download a PDF of the Downtown Parking Map.