The City of Melbourne uses the CodeRED messaging system to distribute emergency information and critical community alerts, particularly about water service.
Residents and businesses can sign up to receive emergency notifications via telephone, cell phone, text message and/or e-mail.
If you cannot register online, you can call the City's ECO Division at 321-608-5080 and speak with someone who can register for you.
- A CodeRED emergency message will have a caller ID of 866-419-5000. You can program this number into your cell phone as a contact. After you receive a message, you can dial this number to hear the message again. (CodeRED Automatic Severe Weather alerts will have a caller ID of 800-566-9780 for phone calls and a short code of 76993 for text notifications.)
- The CodeRED system will leave the message on an answering machine. If the line is busy, it will try two more times to connect.
- There are some circumstances that might prevent a message from being delivered:
- Your contact information has changed and you have not registered your new information.
- You only have a cordless phone and your power is out.
- Your line is busy for an extended period and your calls do not forward to voice mail.
- You have a privacy manager on your main phone and you did not register an alternate number.
Privacy Notice: Only authorized officials have access to the CodeRED system. The company will not sell, trade, lease or loan any citizen-supplied information to third parties.