The program has three main goals:
1) To reduce litter along Melbourne roadways, while increasing community pride.
2) To keep our surrounding environment, including stormwater inlets, clean.
3) To increase public awareness and demonstrate positive action about the issue of littering
How do we adopt a road?
1) Select a road for adoption. Contact the City’s Environmental Community Outreach (ECO) Division at (321) 608-5082 for assistance in selection of a City-maintained road that is available for adoption.
2) Complete a litter removal agreement and review the safety guidelines and litter removal procedures.
3) With City ECO Division staff, develop your litter clean-up schedule. Adopt-a-Road teams will receive personalized signs, installed at the beginning and ending points along the adopted roadway reflecting your group’s commitment.
For More Information:If you would like more information about the program, please call the ECO Division at (321) 608-5082 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Streets Available for Adoption
City of Melbourne Roads
There are 289.5 miles of City-maintained streets in Melbourne, in addition to county and state maintained roads, and private streets in gated communities. View a map of streets in the Adopt-a-Road Program
County-maintained roads can be adopted through Keep Brevard Beautiful by calling (321) 631-0501. These include:
- Apollo Boulevard (Sarno Road to Babcock Street)
- Aurora Road (U.S. 1 to John Rodes Boulevard)
- Babcock Street (F.E.C. Railroad to S.R. 192)
- Croton Road (Sarno Road to Post Road)
- Dairy Road
- Evans Road (Nasa Boulevard to S.R. 192)
- Post Road (from Wickham Road west)
- Sarno Road (Wickham Road to U.S. 1
- Stewart Road (west side between Carlton and Julia)
- Wickham Road (all)
State-maintained roads can be adopted through the Florida Department of Transportation by calling (321) 690-3250.
- A.1.A (all)
- Babcock Street (S.R. 192 to Palm Bay city limits)
- Eau Gallie Boulevard (all)
- Montreal Avenue (all)
- Nasa Boulevard (Eddie Allen Road to U.S. 1)
- Sarno Road (Wickham Road to Eau Gallie Boulevard)
- S.R. 192 (all)