You can help keep Melbourne clean and green by joining the Adopt-a-Road program. The Adopt-a-Road program provides opportunities for individuals, businesses, clubs, church groups, and other organizations to adopt one-mile or greater stretches of City-maintained roads. Volunteers can help beautify the City by cleaning both sides of the roadway at least four times per year.
- To reduce litter along Melbourne roadways, while increasing community pride.
- To keep our surrounding environment, including stormwater inlets, clean.
- To increase public awareness and demonstrate positive action about the issue of littering
How do we adopt a road?
- Select a road for adoption. Contact the City’s Environmental Community Outreach (ECO) Division at (321) 608-5080 for assistance in selection of a City-maintained road that is available for adoption.
- Complete a litter removal agreement and review the safety guidelines and litter removal procedures.
- With City ECO Division staff, develop your litter clean-up schedule. Adopt-a-Road teams will receive personalized signs, installed at the beginning and ending points along the adopted roadway reflecting your group’s commitment.
For More Information
If you would like more information about the program, please call the ECO Division at (321) 608-5080.