Sewer Credit Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

City Code Section 58-243 (d) authorizes adjustments to sewer charges in certain instances where the excessive water consumption does not enter the sewer system.

To qualify for an adjustment, the water consumption must exceed the previous six month's average by a minimum of ten thousand gallons and 100% of the previous average consumption. When excessive water consumption crosses two billing cycles, an adjustment may be authorized when corrective action is taken within ten (10) days of the date of the bill when the excessive consumption was initially billed.  

The account holder must submit a written request for credit within sixty (60) days of the date of the bill for which adjustment is requested. Adjustments are limited to once in a twelve (12) month period. Contact the Utility Billing Department to make payment arrangements until your credit application has been processed.

Excessive water consumption for the following reasons DOES NOT qualify for a sewer adjustment:

  • Broken or leaky water lines where the water enters the sanitary sewer system (i.e. leaky toilets or inside faucets).
  • Water used for irrigation.
  • Negligent use of water.
  • Undetermined use of water.

In order to process your request for a sewer credit, the City must receive a completed Request for Sewer Credit Application, and a copy of a repair bill, pool contract, or statement explaining when and how repair was made.

Request for Sewer Credit Application