The City of Melbourne’s Grants-in-Aid Program provides financial support to not-for-profit organizations that promote the economic and social well-being of its citizens.
Friday, October 25, 2019, through Friday, November 8, 2019.
The City will be accepting applications for grants-in-aid funding to not-for-profit organizations for a two week period. Applications must be received by the City no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, November 8, 2019.
- Organizations that received Grants-in-Aid during the 2018-19 funding cycle must have complied with all reporting requirements to be considered for the 2019-2020 grants.
- An organization may not receive contributions from multiple City funding sources. For example, if an organization receives funding from a Community Redevelopment Agency or the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program, it may not also receive funding from the General Fund. However, an organization may receive funding from one funding source for multiple uses.
- Grants-in-aid funds must be spent to benefit the residents of Melbourne.
- The City Council may give preference to organizations that provide for matching funds to the program.
- A completed application along with 3 copies must be submitted on or before the due date by every organization that wishes to apply for grants-in-aid funding.
- The maximum contribution limit for one organization will be $10,000.
- Grants are made only to not-for-profit organizations.
- Organizations must subscribe to values which create an environment within the City in which all persons can enjoy equal rights and opportunities regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical, mental or economic status.
- Organizations that receive grant funding must enter into a contract with the City of Melbourne prior to receipt of Grants-in-Aid funds.
- Friday, November 8, 2019 – Deadline for organizations to submit application.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 (tentative date, check website for updates) – Application Review Committee meeting. Scoring and funding recommendations are made. Open to the public and held in the City Council Chambers, First Floor, City Hall, 900 East Strawbridge Avenue, Melbourne, FL.
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020 – City Council Meeting. Award of Grants.
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 – Annual Progress Report Deadline.
For more information, contact Jillian John at (321) 608-7010 or Jillian.email@example.com.
Download the Grants in Aid Application for 2019-2020