The City of Melbourne continues to work closely with officials at Brevard County and the Florida Department of Health to monitor the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and formulate a coordinated local response.
The most current information about City of Melbourne operations, event cancellations and postponements, and other changes will be posted to this webpage.
City Hall is currently closed to the public. City employees are fulfilling requests for service by phone and electronically. The City has put processes in place to continue service to water customers, the development community, businesses and our residents that will be adjusted as necessary to allow us to provide city services during the Coronavirus/COVID-19 emergency and to look out for the best interests of our employees.
The City of Melbourne has temporarily suspended water shut-offs for non-payment. Customers needing to discuss their specific situation should call Melbourne Utility Billing at 321-608-7100.
- If you need a building permit, call 321-608-7915.
Payments for parking tickets, Business Tax Receipts, city invoices and retiree insurance are being accepted by:
- Contacting our Revenue Department: 321-608-7038 (credit card only - fee applies)
- Depositing payment in the drop box located in the City hall parking lot
Other Frequently Visited Departments/Divisions
- City Clerk's Office: 321-608-7220
- Community Development (Planning and Zoning, Economic Development): 321-608-7500
- Engineering: 321-608-7300
- Human Resources: 321-608-7800
- Procurement: 321-608-7060
If the number you need is not listed here, please see the department directory or call the main City Hall line: 321-608-7000.
- The Housing and Urban Improvement Division Office is closed to the public. Please call 321-608-7530 for assistance.
- Organized events, activities and rentals at Parks and Recreation facilities, have been canceled through the end of April.
- The golf courses, city parks and boat ramps currently remain open.
- Play structures and restrooms are closed until further notice.
- Visitors are asked to practice social distancing and to not gather in groups of 10 or more. City employees and police officers will be monitoring all parks and boat ramps to ensure compliance.
- Food and beverage sales have been suspended at the golf courses, tee times are being alternated to create more distance between golfers, only one person per cart is allowed, and Plexiglass is being installed at the counter to create a barrier between the customer and employee.
- The front lobbies of the Melbourne Police Department facilities have been closed. The Melbourne Police Community Relations Office at the Melbourne Square Mall is closed.
- Fire station lobbies have been closed.
- The following meetings that were scheduled to be held in April have been canceled:
- April 3 Melbourne Downtown Redevelopment Agency Advisory Committee
- April 6 Citizens' Advisory Board
- April 17 Beautification and Energy Efficiency Board
- April 22 Babcock Street Community Redevelopment Agency Advisory Committee
- April 27 Zoning Board of Adjustment
- The April 22 Code Enforcement Board meeting has been postponed to June 3.
- All Melbourne Police Community Relations Council meetings will be postponed until further notice.
- City Council will be meeting weekly during the month of April to address COVID-19’s possible impacts to city operations. Two special meetings have been scheduled for April 7 and April 21. City Council will hold its regular meeting on April 14. The Council Chamber has been set up to ensure recommended social distancing.
- Please check the city's meeting calendar for all other meetings.
Canceled May Events
- The 33rd Annual Vietnam and All Veterans Reunion that was scheduled to be held at Wickham Park May 3-10 has been canceled.
City Executive Orders
- CM-EO 2020-01 Temporary Personnel Policies
- CM-EO 2020-02 Parks and Recreation Activities and Rentals
- CM-EO 2020-03 Temporary Suspension - Special Activities and Events
- CM-EO 2020-04 Temporary Closure of Certain City Offices
- CM-EO 2020-05 Temporary Measures for On-Street Parking
- CM-EO 2020-06 Temporary Measures Regarding the Administration of Utility Accounts
- CM-EO 2020-07 Revised Temporary Personnel Policies
- CM-EO 2020-08 Temporary Measures regarding City Procedures for Sealed Bids
Orlando Melbourne International Airport (MLB)
- Orlando Melbourne International Airport’s terminal and airfield remain open and operational. Check with your airline directly for flight updates.
- Airport Authority Administrative Offices are temporarily closed until April 30, 2020. All general inquiries and questions for airport staff need to be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only terminal food concessions located post security will remain open.
- For the latest airport updates, please visit MLB’s website or follow @FlyMLB on Facebook and Twitter.
Waste Management's customer service call center is again available. Residents and businesses can call (321) 723-4455 with service requests. Customers may also visit Waste Management's COVID-19 webpage for any new alerts or updates.
Brevard Public Schools
The latest information about school closings and resources available to parents and students is available on the Brevard Public Schools website.
- To assist Brevard’s individuals and families impacted by COVID-19, United Way of Brevard is providing information and resources available in the United Way of Brevard’s COVID-19 Community Resource Guide. Information includes financial support, food assistance, the CARES Act and more. This site will be updated frequently as new information becomes available. In addition, with several other local foundations, United Way has launched the Brevard COVID-19 Response Fund and has authorized $50,000 from its emergency fund to aid in recovery efforts.
- 211 Brevard can also help connect you to resources for food, mental health, legal support and more. 211 Brevard is also taking calls from those who have lost their jobs due to COVID-19. Dial 2-1-1 or 321-632-6688.
- The Careersource Brevard website has information for job seekers including guidance on applying for reemployment assistance.
- Space Coast Area Transit has waived all fares through April 30 and is operating on “Saturday Schedules,” with service extended by 2 hours until 8:15 p.m. The transit agency will only transport passengers that are providing or receiving essential services in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-91.
Brevard Public Schools is distributing meals to kids 18 and younger, Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at the following schools
Please note: There will be no meal distribution this Friday, April 10, due to the planned student/teacher holiday. Each child will receive two breakfasts and two lunches on Thursday, April 9, to ensure nutritional continuity over the holiday.
- University Park Elementary - 500 W University Blvd., Melbourne, FL 32901
- Sherwood Elementary - 2541 Post Rd., Melbourne, FL 32935
- Central Middle - 2600 Wingate Blvd. West Melbourne, FL 32904
- Creel Elementary - 2000 Glenwood Dr., Melbourne, FL 32935
- Sabal Elementary - 1401 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32935
- Harbor City Elementary - 1377 Sarno Rd., Melbourne, FL 32935
- Jupiter Elementary - 950 Tupelo Rd., S.W., Palm Bay, FL 32908
- Sunrise Elementary - 1651 Mara Loma Blvd., S.E., Palm Bay, FL 32909
- Turner Elementary - 3175 Jupiter Blvd. S.E., Palm Bay, FL 32909
- Discovery Elementary - 1275 Glendale Ave. N.W., Palm Bay, FL 32907
- Palm Bay Elementary - 1200 Allamanda Road, N.E., Palm Bay, FL 32905
- McAuliffe Elementary - 155 Del Mundo St NW, Palm Bay, FL 32907
- Riviera Elementary - 351 Riviera Dr., N.E., Palm Bay, FL 32905
- Port Malabar Elementary - 301 Pioneer Ave., N.E., Palm Bay, FL 32907
- Golfview Elementary - 1530 S Fiske Blvd., Rockledge, FL 32955
- Cambridge Elementary - 2000 Cambridge Dr., Cocoa, FL 32922
- Atlantis Elementary - 7300 Briggs Ave., Cocoa, FL 32927
- Saturn Elementary - 880 N Range Rd., Cocoa, FL 32926
- Endeavour Elementary - 905 Pineda St., Cocoa, FL 32922
- Fairglen Elementary - 201 Indian Trail, Cocoa, FL 32927
- Coquina Elementary - 850 Knox Mcrae Dr., Titusville, FL 32780
- Oak Park Elementary - 3395 Dairy Rd, Titusville, FL 32796
- Pinewood Elementary - 3757 Old Dixie Hwy., Mims, FL 32754
- Mims Elementary - 2582 U.S. Highway 1, Mims, FL 32754
- Cape View Elementary - 8440 Rosalind Ave., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920
- Mila Elementary - 288 W Merritt Ave., Merritt Island, FL 32953
- Audubon Elementary - 1201 N Banana River Dr., Merritt Island, FL 32952
Parents/guardians should utilize the bus loop to pick up meals. Meals will be placed in the trunk of the vehicle to adhere to social distancing rules. Social distancing for those on foot or bicycles will also be observed.
If the child is not able to come to the food distribution site, the parent/guardian must show a valid form of identification for EACH of their children not present in order to receive meals. Examples of valid forms of identification are the following: a student identification card, child’s birth certificate, child’s passport, government-issued child identification card, or a document proving parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child such as a hospital, religious, or day care record. To ensure social distancing, the parent should place the identification of each child not present in the windshield.
In addition to the Brevard Public Schools (official) BPS School sites, both of Second Harvest’s Kid’s Café sites will be distributing meals:
- Club Esteem, Lipscomb Community Center, 3316 Monroe Street, Melbourne: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Cocoa PAL, 307 Blake Ave., Cocoa, Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Florida is distributing food at its Temple Terrace Club (1824 Temple Terrace, Melbourne) on Monday - Friday, 10:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
Find local food pantries with the Second Harvest Food Locator
Call 2-1-1 or 321-632-6688 for other food resources available in the county.
Information for Businesses
- The Melbourne Regional Chamber and the Space Coast Economic Development Commission have set up COVID-19 resource pages on their websites.
- The City of Melbourne has suspended the 30-day limit on business promotions in the city for calendar year 2020.
- Any City Code or City of Melbourne Purchasing Manual provisions that require a bidder to submit a sealed bid by envelope are temporarily modified to authorize submission and receipt of sealed bids electronically and to allow pre-bid conferences and bid openings to be conducted using communications media technology. For details, please see CM-EO 2020-08 Temporary Measures Regarding City Procedures for Sealed Bids. If you have any questions, please contact Procurement Manager Greg Bunn at 321-608-7065 or Gregory.Bunn@mlbfl.org.
Where to Get Current and Accurate Information About COVID-19
- For the most current information and guidance about COVID-19, please see the DOH’s COVID-19 webpage and the CDC’s COVID-19 webpage.
- Brevard County residents may call 2-1-1 for up-to-date information between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The Florida Department of Health COVID-19 call center is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day at 1-866-779-6121, but is experiencing a large volume of calls. Another option is to e-mail COVIDemail@example.com.
- The Governor's Press Office has developed a list of FAQs for EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-91 Essential Services and Activities during COVID-19
Preventing the Spread of Germs
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly, using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing by keeping 6 feet between yourself and others.
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Self-isolate if you are sick.
- Call your regular physician, local emergency room, or urgent care clinic for screening to determine whether you should be seen by medical personnel.
Fraud and Scam Protection
Scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus. View the following webpages for the latest information and tips to stay safe.
04/06/2020 2:13 PM
04/03/2020 5:24 PM
04/03/2020 2:45 PM
04/03/2020 1:39 PM
04/03/2020 9:10 AM
04/02/2020 2:05 PM
04/02/2020 11:34 AM
04/01/2020 5:36 PM
04/01/2020 9:06 AM
City Hall to Remain Closed/City Services Continue; Parks Remain Open With Social Distancing in Effect
03/27/2020 5:10 PM
03/27/2020 4:30 PM
03/27/2020 2:27 PM
03/26/2020 10:48 AM
03/25/2020 1:26 PM
03/23/2020 6:30 PM
03/23/2020 11:46 AM
03/20/2020 5:00 PM
03/20/2020 4:00 PM
03/20/2020 2:47 PM
03/20/2020 2:27 PM