During Severe Weather: When NOT to call 911
During an emergency, our 911 operators need to be free to respond to life-threatening emergencies. Therefore we ask that you DO NOT call 911 for general information or questions about power outages and road closures.
Only call 911 to report an emergency.
Do not call 911 to find out:
- weather conditions
- report power/phone/cable outages – instead call your service provider
- for a phone number -- call directory assistance
- for directions
- for school closings -- this information will be provided by Brevard Public Schools
- for parking restrictions
- changes to garbage/recycling pick-up schedules -- this information will be on the Waste Management alerts webpage
- asking about a parking ticket -- call the Police nonemergency line once the storm event is over 321-608-MPD1