Sandbag Distribution Will Re-Open at 8 a.m. August 31
If you have not left for our sandbag distribution site (Club 52/Greyhound Park), please do not go there now. There is a line longer than we can accommodate before closing at 4 p.m. We will re-open tomorrow (8/31) at 8 a.m.
Please note: Proof of residency in the City of Melbourne is required. You must live within the city limits of the City of Melbourne to qualify for free sandbags.
Location: Club 52/Greyhound Park, 1100 N. Wickham Rd., Melbourne, FL 32935
Entrance: Please enter at the entrance to the American Muscle Car Museum on Sarno Road west of Wickham Road.
Up to 10 filled sandbags per vehicle will be provided to those with proof that they reside within the City limits of Melbourne.
Other Sandbag Distribution Locations
- Brevard County is also providing sandbags. See this press release for more information.
- Most home improvement stores carry sandbags. You can purchase them and keep them in your hurricane supply kit and then fill them with any kind of sand or dirt available on your property. Home improvement stores often also sell fill dirt as well.
- Do not use sand from the beach to fill sandbags.
- Not all homes need sandbags. If you are in a low-lying area that is prone to flooding, sandbags may be used to protect your home by placing them across doorways to prevent water from entering the building.
- Visit the Brevard County Flood Zone Map and plug in your address to determine whether you live in a flood zone.