Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Fleet Division Manager - Fleet Management
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$60,702 TO $101,956/AN
- Posted Date:12/03/2018 8:30 AM
- Deadline to Apply:12/30/2018
Graduation from a high school or trade school, and two (2) years of related college course work supplemented by courses and seminar conferences in fleet management administration. Five (5) years’ recent experience as a supervisor or manager in a municipal fleet or an equivalent position for a government/private fleet operation, automotive/truck/equipment dealership or large shop operation. Five (5) years’ recent experience preparing technical specifications for vehicles and equipment in a large public or private agency utilizing a wide variety of light and heavy vehicles and equipment. Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office programs. Demonstrated proficiency in the production and utilization of fleet data to analyze and manage operations. Requires State of Florida CDL Class "B" driver’s license.