Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Police Commander - Police Operations
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$68,679 TO $104,505/AN
- Posted Date:11/26/2018 8:30 AM
- Deadline to Apply:12/30/2018
Must have ten years of sworn law enforcement supervisory experience, with at least three years at the rank of Lieutenant or above at the Melbourne Police Department or a similar size or larger agency. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or 120 credit hours from an accredited college or university. Applicants must be certified as a Florida Law Enforcement Officer or obtain certification from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission within one year from date of hire. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s license. Applicants may possess an out of state driver’s license and obtain a Florida driver’s license within 10 days of employment. Must possess or obtain NIMS - ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800 within one year of hire.