Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Electrician - Facilities Maintenance
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.06/HR
- Posted Date:10/30/2018 9:22 AM
High School graduate or GED required. Must hold a current Brevard County Journeyman certification supplemented by considerable progressively responsible experience in electrical construction and maintenance work, some years of which should have been at a journeyman level and included both maintenance and construction. This position requires a Class B CDL with Air Brake Endorsement you must be able to obtain this within six months of employment and have the ability to operate bucket trucks at heights exceeding 65 feet from atop the high level bridges of the city causeways. A permit for the Class B CDL will need to be obtained within 90 days after employment. Applicants who possess an out of state Class “B” commercial driver’s license with air brakes must obtain the Florida license within 30 days of employment.