Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Operations Supervisor - Water Production
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.65 TO $33.01/HR
- Posted Date:07/16/2018 8:30 AM
High School diploma or G.E.D., supplemented by college level course work in mathematics and chemistry. Minimum of seven years of experience in the direct operation and maintenance of a Class A water treatment facility. Minimum two years in the supervisory capacity of a Class A water treatment facility. Must possess a Class A Water Treatment Plant Operator license issued by the State of Florida. Must possess a State of Florida driver’s license. Applicants who possess an out of state driver’s license must obtain a Florida license within 10 days of employment. A knowledge test will be given to all applicants whose applications meet all minimum requirements.