Reporting both a location and an identification number of a street light is important. Provided here are some tips on how to gather information and report non-working street lights in Melbourne. Call the Facilities Maintenance Division at 321-674-5713, send e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to 321/674-5806.
Reporting Non-Working Street Lights
First and foremost, call 911 in the event that you see a power line down. Report any condition that you consider to be dangerous involving a damaged street light pole or lamp. Never approach or drive your vehicle over a downed wire of any type. Treat all downed wires as if they are energized and extremely hazardous.
Street light poles have an eleven digit identification number affixed to them, about three feet above the ground. This identification number will begin with the number four, such as 4-8511-2111-11. Record the number listed on the pole. If a number is not visible, provide the exact address.
City staff performs regular maintenance and repairs in the areas described below.
- Highway U.S. 1 beginning at the Post Road Intersection south to Avenue B.
- Montreal Avenue east from the intersection of Highway U.S. 1 including the Eau Gallie
Causeway to the last bridge at the east end of the flats.
Then, Eau Gallie Boulevard westbound from the corporate limit over the Eau Gallie Causeway to the intersection
with U.S. 1.
- Pineapple Avenue between Montreal Avenue and Eau Gallie Boulevard.
Also Highland Avenue between Montreal Avenue and Saint Claire Street.
- New Haven Avenue from Waverly Avenue eastward throughdowntown to the east-west center of the south bridge of the Melbourne Causeway. Then west from the east-west center of the north bridge of the causeway on Strawbridge Avenue west to Waverly Place. (The eastern half of the causeway is serviced by Brevard County Traffic Operations, at 321-455-1440.)
- Palmetto Avenue west from the intersection of U.S. 1 to the intersection of Waverly Place. Hibiscus Street west from Highway U.S. 1 to Hickory Street.
- NASA Boulevard west from the intersection of U.S. 1 to Eddy Allen Street at the west entrance to the Melbourne International Airport.