The Melbourne Police Department currently offers a Student Internship Program (non-paying) to college students desiring to pursue a career in law enforcement and who must complete an internship as part of their academic requirements.
Applicants must be:
- Attending an accredited college or university
- Be enrolled in a criminal Justice Program or program related to the Criminal Justice field.
- A Junior or Senior with a GPA of at least 3.0
- Internship is required for graduation
- Aletter from the college or university detailing their policy on participation in an internship program.
- 18 years of age and must complete Volunteer background check.
PLEASE NOTE: Persons who apply for volunteer assignments in order to fulfill a school requirement or community service requirement of less than 40 hours total will not be accepted into the Volunteer Program. Students seeking student internships fewer than 40 hours in duration will not be considered.
For more information, contact Sgt. Sheridan Shelley: firstname.lastname@example.org