What is Employee Self-Service?
Employee Self-Service is an online information tool provided by the City of Melbourne to its employees.
You can access it from any computer that is connected to the internet: your work PC, home PC, etc.
Employee Self-Service allows you, the employee, to look up at any time some useful information about your employment here at the City of Melbourne:
- Personal Information stored in MUNIS about you, the employee, such as your home address and home phone.
- Your payment history (check or direct deposit) including gross and net pay, check number, deductions and any vacation or sick time you were paid for.
- Year to Date salary and deduction information
- Your recent W2 statements
- Your W4 information
- Your sick and vacation accrual balances
Why do I want to use it?
You have access to all the above information at any time at work, at home and on the go without having to make an appointment with the Payroll department or wait for someone to return your call.
What can’t I do?
You can’t update any of this information. It is view only.
If you have any updates to your personal information presented in MUNIS Self-Service please e-mail email@example.com or complete an Employee Change Form and forward to Human Resources.
How do I use it?
Simply click on this URL or type it into your browser: https://melbourne.munisselfservice.com/
Logging into MUNIS Self-Service
- Click on “Log In” at the upper right of the screen.
- Your User Name is your MUNIS Employee Number and the first time you login the last four digits of your SSN will be your Password (if your SSN is 123-45-6789 then your password is 6789).
- The system will force a password change the first time your log in.
- Enter the last four digits of your SSN in the “Current Password” field.
- Enter a new password in the “New Password” field. This password must be at least 6 digits.
- Enter your new password again in the “Confirm New Password” field.
- Enter a hint of what your new password is in the “New Password Hint” field.
- After you enter all the fields and click on “Update” the screen will say that your password was successfully updated.
- Click on “Continue."
- If you get an error, try again. Your password may be too short or you may not have entered the same password in both “New Password” and “Confirm New Password” fields. As they show up as dots, this can be tricky so please be careful and patient.
- Click on the “Employee Self Service” Button to advance to all the employee options.
Employee Self-Service Options
You will have three categories of information:
1. Personal Information
2. Pay/Tax Information
3. Time Off
If you have questions about your Munis Employee Number or password, contact Human Resources.
If you have questions about your personal information (name, address or phone), contact Human Resources.
If you have questions about your check information, tax information or sick and vacation accruals, contact Payroll.