The City of Melbourne requires anyone doing business with the City to register as a vendor.
Please note: The City of Melbourne does not maintain a list of potential vendors. Completing a vendor registration form does not place your company on a list nor does it guarantee you will be added as a vendor. If your company has not been asked to register by a City department or been awarded business as a result of a competitive procurement, your registration documents will not be processed.
Vendor Registration Requirements:
2. W-9 — An IRS Form W-9 is required for all new registrations (Click here for a blank W9 form: https://www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs).
3. Sunbiz Registration — The City of Melbourne requires all vendors doing business with the City to be registered on www.sunbiz.org, which is the State of Florida’s Division of Corporations. For more information click on the website link or call 850-245-6052. Businesses located outside of the State of Florida are also required to be registered as a Foreign Corporation or LLC (whichever applies). For more information about registering as a foreign entity call 850-245-6051.
4. Proof of Insurance — Service Contractors are required to maintain specific types and levels of insurance coverage depending on the services being provided and to submit proof of that insurance coverage in the form of a current Certificate of Insurance or a copy of their policy(s) declarations page. The certificate is required for all vendors prior to providing services.
5. Preferred Payment Method — The City of Melbourne offers 3 methods for receiving payments, ACH (Electronic Deposit to your bank account), ACI (payment to a VISA card), or a traditional paper check. Keep in mind that if you choose paper check and the check gets lost, it could take 30 days or more to re-issue a check. Please indicate your preferred payment method on the Vendor Registration form and include the appropriate form with your submission.
Registration Forms May Be Submitted By:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 321-608-7070
- Mail: City of Melbourne Procurement Department, 900 E. Strawbridge Ave., Melbourne, FL 32901