- Drive your car onto your lawn before washing. This prevents the dirty soapy water from going into the stormdrains.
- Use a commercial car wash station that recycles its water to trap dirt, oils, greases and auto fluids, and other pollutants and keep them out of the Indian River Lagoon.
- Regularly check vehicles and lawn equipment for leaks. This prevents oil, grease or other chemicals from going into the stormdrains.
- Recycle used oil and other automotive fluids at participating service stations or bring them to Brevard County hazardous household collection center.
- NEVER dump chemicals into the street, inlet or stormdrain!