The Building Official shall examine or cause to be examined all buildings and structures for which a permit has been issued to enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy thereof. Inspection of all buildings and structures shall be performed using scheduled periodic inspections during construction and a final inspection upon completion of the work for which a permit was issued.
A record shall be generated of every such examination and inspection and of all violations of the City Building code, and the corrections or disposition of such violations.
The Inspector shall confirm that the permit hard cards are displayed in a conspicuous place at the front of the premises during the entire time the work authorized by the permit is in process. If work is not being performed in conformity with plans and specifications, or approved plans are not available onsite, the owner or agent shall be notified in writing that the proper paperwork must be maintained and available on site for the Field Inspector.
The Building Official, upon notification from the permit holder or his agent, shall assure that the following inspections have been made and that either the portion of the work completed has been approved or the permit holder or his agent has received notification by leaving written notice at the job site, wherein the same fails to comply. It shall be the responsibility of the permit holder to confirm that mandatory inspections have been approved before proceeding with any additional work.
No inspection shall be made until sanitary facilities have been provided as required in Section 311 of the Florida Plumbing Code.
NOTE: Inspection of Single-Family Structures
- Inspector must request permission to enter structure.
- Inspector shall not enter any enclosed yard fence without permission to enter.
- If Inspector is presented with the situation where the house appears open but no one answers front door, Inspector shall not go around to rear of house to obtain permission to enter.
- If Inspector has door answered by a minor, the Inspector shall not enter structure without an adult present.
- Inspectors are instructed to use "attempted to make inspection" cards if permission to enter is not given by an adult.