The Melbourne City Council has adopted City Codes specifically designed to address blight and nuisances and to help maintain a clean environment for all citizens in our community. The City of Melbourne does this by working in partnership with the people of Melbourne.
The mission of the Code Compliance Division is to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. We help maintain and improve the quality of our community by administering a fair and unbiased compliance program to correct issues of municipal codes and land use requirements. Review Code Compliance Facts Online.
The Code Compliance Division strives to help the citizens of Melbourne by participating in community cleanups and civic events. Requests may be made at (321) 608-7905. We also work with residents, neighborhood associations, public services agencies and other City departments to:
- Conduct citywide observations for code issues.
- Facilitate voluntary compliance with City codes.
- Empower community self-help programs and projects.
- Develop public outreach programs.
- Establish community priorities for enforcement programs.
You can make Melbourne a better place to live, learn, work and play by following these steps to help resolve code compliance issues in your neighborhood:
- File a request for service. Please provide specific and detailed information including exact location or address and a complete description of the issue.
You may call the Code Compliance Division 24 hours a day at 321) 608-7902 or submit by way of an online form, or submit by using a printed form.
- Get involved by attending neighborhood association meetings.
- Review a list of organizations that may be of service to citizens or have an outreach program to help residents obtain compliance.