This page contains all news updates issued by the City of Melbourne regarding Hurricane Irma. This page will be updated as conditions change.
Countywide updates regarding shelters, evacuation routes, causeway re-openings after the storm, and other important information, will be distributed by Brevard County Emergency Management on their Twitter and Facebook pages.
Text “FOLLOW BREVARDEOC” to 40404 to receive updates from Brevard County by text message.
You can also call 211 with specific questions or concerns.
Shelter List and Information
The following shelters will open today at 3 p.m.
1. Mims Elementary – 2582 US Hwy 1, Mims
2. Apollo Elementary – 3085 Knox McRae Dr, Titusville
3. Imperial Estates Elementary – 900 Imperial Estates Lane, Titusville
4. Space Coast Jr/Sr - 6150 Banyan St, Cocoa
5. Walter Butler Community Center – 4201 US Hwy 1, Cocoa
6. Manatee Elementary – 3425 Viera Blvd, Viera
7. Sherwood Elementary – 2541 Post Rd, Melbourne
8. Melbourne High School – 74 Bulldog Blvd, Melbourne
9. Meadowlane Intermediate Elementary – 2700 Wingate Blvd, West Melbourne
10. Heritage High School – 2351 Malabar Rd, Palm Bay
11. Bayside High School – 1901 DeGroodt Rd, Palm Bay
12. South Mainland Community Center – 3700 Allen Ave, Micco
You will need to arrive to the pet friendly shelter by Saturday evening. Please remember crates for your animals as well as essential items to care for your pets. We have limited resources and cannot guarantee your pet supply needs. As a reminder, you are responsible for the care, feeding, and clean up of your pet. No one will be turned away.
1. Port St John Community Center – 6650 Corto Rd, Port St John
2. Viera Regional Park – 2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera
3. Wickham Park Community Center – 2815 Leisure Way, Melbourne
4. Ted Whitlock Community Center – 1951 Malabar Rd NW, Palm Bay
For a list of what to bring to a shelter, see:http://www.brevardfl.gov/EmergencyManagement/HaveAPlan/Shelters
For more information: Call 211