Fourth of July Fireworks & Events in the City of Melbourne
Firecracker 5K Run
- Time: 7 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. (Road closures will begin at 6 a.m.)
- Questions about the race? Call the Running Zone: (321) 751-8890
Independence Day Parade
- Time: 10 a.m. (parade stages at 9 a.m.)
- Questions about the parade? Call Honor America: (321) 727-1776
4th of July Fireworks Celebration
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The Air Sports Parachute Team will be joining the celebration again this year! Several UNCLE SAM skydivers carrying U.S. Flags will exit from the WWII “Tico Belle” C-47 provided by Valiant Air Command and land ON the Melbourne Causeway for spectators to enjoy prior to the fireworks display.
- 8:05 p.m. – 8:20 p.m.: Skydiving show
- 9 p.m.: Fireworks
Front Street Park, 2210 Front Street, just south of the Melbourne Causeway.
- There will be no parking at Front Street Park.
- Attendees are encouraged to park at Melbourne Auditorium (at 625 Hibiscus Boulevard) and use a free shuttle service to Front Street Park. Three buses will run continuously from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. Bus service will resume after the fireworks show and will run until 10:30 p.m.
- No parking is allowed on the portion of the causeway that is in the City of Melbourne.
- Please note that some businesses do not allow public parking. Those businesses may have your vehicle towed from their private properties at your expense even if they are not open for business on July 4.
The following roads will close at 8 p.m. and will remain closed until approximately 10:30 p.m., depending on the time it takes for pedestrians to safely exit the park:
- Strawbridge Avenue (US 192) from US 1 to Riverside Drive (Indialantic)
- New Haven Avenue from the east side of the Mansion’s driveway to Strawbridge Avenue
- Riverview Drive at Palmetto Avenue
- Front Street at Melbourne Avenue
The boat ramp at Front Street Park will be closed at 5 p.m. on July 3 and will reopen at 9 a.m. on July 5.
Canopies and tents will not be allowed at Front Street park because they block the view for other spectators.
In the event of rain, the fireworks display will be rescheduled to July 5. There will be no bus service or skydiver performance on the rain date.
Questions About the Fireworks Show?
Call (321) 608-7400
We welcome contributions of any amount, every dollar counts.