How to Apply for Federal Disaster Assistance
Homeowners, renters and business owners in Brevard, Duval, Flagler, Indian River, Nassau, Putnam, Seminole, St. Johns and Volusia counties may apply for federal disaster assistance for uninsured and underinsured damages and losses resulting from Hurricane Matthew.
You may apply online at disasterassistance.gov or by calling 800-621-3362 (FEMA) between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. Applicants who use 711 or Video Relay Service may also call 800-621-3362. People who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and a TTY my call 800-462-7585. Multilingual operators are available.
Have this information ready when you apply:
- Social Security number (one per household)
- Address of the damaged home or apartment
- Description of the damage
- Information about insurance coverage
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Bank account & routing numbers for direct deposit of funds