Brevard County Update: Storm Debris Collection, Oct. 14
Collection of Hurricane Matthew debris is currently focused on vegetative debris. After the first pass through the County for vegetative debris has been completed, crews will focus on the collection of the construction and demolition debris. There are currently 35 trucks throughout the county with an additional 7 to be added by the end of Oct. 14.
A temporary disposal site for the contractors use has been approved in Mims and will be open this weekend. An additional temporary disposal site for the contractors use on Merritt Island is pending approval by DEP.
Crews have been working in the following areas:
- Canaveral Groves, Friday Road, Cox Road, and the north and south ends of Indian River Blvd, Cocoa
- Merritt Island south of 520
- Starting at the South County line moving north through Micco and Valkaria
- Lake Washington area of Melbourne moving east
Crews began to work in the following areas on Oct. 14:
- Port St. John
- Satellite Beach moving south
The Interlocal Agreement for debris collection includes:
Town of Melbourne Village
City of Melbourne
Town of Malabar
City of Cocoa