Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Police Officer Trainee - Police Operations
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$14.68/HR (Up to $17.89/HR for out-of-state certified Police Officer with experience)
- Posted Date:02/29/2016 12:58 PM
High school diploma or GED required. Must be at least 19 years of age at time of successful completion of the Competency Examination for Police Officers. Must be a United States citizen. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license. Applicants may possess a valid out of state driver’s license and obtain the Florida license with 10 days of employment. Must meet all FDLE requirements to be certified as a Police Officer. Must pass polygraph and psychological examinations, and a physical fitness assessment. Must successfully complete the Competency Examination for Police Officers administered by FDLE on the initial offering. Must attend and successfully pass the next available Basic Recruit Training Course as an employee of Melbourne Police Department and maintain an academic level which complies with the standards established by the Eastern Florida State College Police Training Facility and FDLE. Candidates must pass FrontLine testing consisting of Situational Judgment and Human Relations, Written Report Writing, and Reading Video-Based Tests, and pass a Physical Abilities Test.