Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Head Swim Instructor - Pools
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.25 TO $11.25/HR
- Posted Date:02/19/2018 8:30 AM
This is a part-time seasonal summer position, and is exempt from Veterans Preference. Minimum of one year experience as a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor teaching all skill levels. Must possess or obtain certificates in American Red Cross CPR for the Professional, Advanced First Aid, Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor. Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida driver’s license.
Certification classes are being offered by the City of Melbourne, please call 321-608-7400 for more information and class dates.