Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Deputy Police Chief - Police Operations
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$72,157 TO $121,193/AN
- Posted Date:11/20/2017 8:30 AM
- Deadline to Apply:12/31/2017
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and eight (8) years law enforcement experience or a Master’s degree from an accredited college and six (6) years law enforcement experience. Experience must be in a state or local governmental law enforcement agency, four years of which are in management, budget supervision, or other general administrative functions. The individual must be certified as a Florida Law Enforcement Officer, or have the ability to obtain the certification from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission. Internal candidates must currently serve at the rank of Commander in the Melbourne Police Department and have successfully completed probationary status in the position. Must possess a valid State of Florida driver’s license. Applicants may possess a valid out of state driver's license and obtain the Florida license within 10 days of employment. Internal candidates must currently serve at the rank of Commander in the Melbourne Police Department and have successfully completed probationary status in the position.