Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Airport Police Officer - Airport Police
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$19.20/HR
- Posted Date:10/16/2017 8:30 AM
High School diploma or GED required. Must be a State of Florida Certified Law Enforcement Officer. Previous experience in aviation security and basic computer skills preferred. Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida driver's license, applicants may possesses a valid out of state license and obtain the Florida license within 10 days of employment. Must have successfully completed the Brevard Police Center Screening Process. Must pass the required TSA security background investigation. Must attend a TSA Security Standards Class and successfully pass a test with a minimum score of 70.