Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Recreation Leader - Joe Davis Community Center
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13.00/HR
- Posted Date:10/02/2017 8:30 AM
- Deadline to Apply:11/19/2017
This is a part-time position approximately 20 hours per week. High school diploma or GED required. Minimum of three months’ work experience in recreational activities or a related field. Must possess a valid State of Florida driver’s license. Applicants who possess a valid out of state driver’s license must obtain a State of Florida driver's license within 10 days of employment. Must meet Level II background requirements.