Completion of a City employment application is required. A separate application is required for each position. A résumé may be included with the employment application but cannot be used in place of a City employment application.
Applications must be received by the closing date of the posting to be considered for the advertised position.
The City of Melbourne is a veterans preference employer, an equal opportunity employer, and a drug-free workplace.
Post-offer, pre-employment drug testing may be conducted. In addition, the City of Melbourne conducts reasonable-suspicion, random, post-accident, fitness-for-duty and follow-up drug and alcohol testing in accordance with state and federal law.
The City of Melbourne participates in E-Verify:
For More Information:
- Contact the Human Resources Department if you have questions about the application process or a position's requirements: (321) 608-7803 or Human.Resources@mlbfl.org.
- Police Applicants should visit this webpage for more information about how to become a Melbourne police officer.
- Applicants may check the status of their application(s) 24/7 by visiting the Applicant Login page.
Maintenance Crew Leader - Streets and Stormwater Management
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$15.64/HR
- Posted Date:11/14/2016 9:03 AM
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred. Experience in semi‑skilled manual labor and the use and operation of vehicles and equipment. Position requires applicant to possess and maintain a valid Florida Department of Transportation Approved Maintenance of Traffic Intermediate Certification, a valid Trenches and Excavations Competent Person Certification and a valid Confined Space Entry Training Certificate. Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Class “B” Commercial Driver's license with air brake endorsement; however, a Class “A” Commercial driver’s license is preferred. Applicants who possess an out of state Class “B” commercial driver’s license with air brakes must obtain the Florida license within 10 days of employment. Proven record of dependability.